The first day of school is finally here!!! I thought the summer would never end. Not that I don't love summer... I was just sick of the fighting and whining and too much togetherness. It was time for them to be gone.
Cole is starting Kindergarten in Ms. Keith's class in the morning and Ms. Clarks in the afternoon. She is so excited! Clint and I walked her in and got her settled and shes like, "You can leave now," in her sassy voice. Well okay then-- all the other kindergarteners are crying and clinging onto their parents, but not mine. In fact the next day I went through the car line to drop them off and on the side of the school they ask if they can get out. I let them since I could still watch them walk across the school grounds and into the gate. That afternoon when I pick them up Cole asks, "Can you drop us off there everyday? We feel like big highschoolers walking to school by ourselves."
Pierce is starting 2nd grade in Ms. McKinney's class. He was so excited to see all his friends and have recess but not so excited about the actual school part.
And I thought Coop would miss them during the day, but I think he's loving not being mauled and being able to play with whatever he wants.
No comments:
Post a Comment