Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Happy Ending

On Sunday afternoon the kids tell me to look outside that they saw a really big lizard with a furry tail. I wonder what it could be so I go out to see if I can find it. I can't really tell what it was since it was partly hidden behind our toy box on the patio. Just then Cooper came out the door and shuts all but 2 inches of it. Then the animal gets spooked and runs toward the door and in slow motion I see the squirrel running and I start screaming as I realize hes heading toward the open door and is now in our house.

I tore the house apart looking for the thing and nothing. Can't find him anywhere. Pierce is freaking out thinking the thing is going to be biting his toes in the middle of the night. And I'm freaking out thinking about squirrel poop in my house.

So Clint goes to Lowes and buys some traps. The guy at Lowes tells him that no way are we going to catch it and to get a cat. But we set the glue traps out anyways. The next morning-nothing. Then I lay Coop down for a nap and come back downstairs and hear him. Sure enough he is stuck. I feel so awful. He is so cute and so stuck. I called Clint and he tells me to go get one of our neighbors but no one is home. So I have to deal with him alone. I called my mom and she says to drown him and get it over with quickly. I just couldn't do it. I was hysterically sobbing because I feel so bad. Then at my mom's suggestion I got out some rubbing alcohol to see if it would loosen the glue. Nope. Then I tried vegetable oil and it worked! I was able to peel the poor little guy off the trap and set him free back into the desert. He'll probably be coyote bait since he was exhausted after the whole ordeal and maybe a little drunk cuz he really couldn't walk straight. But at least I didn't have to kill him.

1 comment:

Jilly Bean said...

Sheesh. At least he's gone. :)