I just had the itch to get out of town. I didn't care where we went we just had to do something. So on Friday morning I put in a bid for four star hotels in Tucson and my bid got accepted so I called Clint and work and said, "Guess what? We're going to Tucson for the weekend!" We left Saturday morning and went to the resort right away. The kids were dying to get in the swimming pool so that's what we did first thing. After we got that out of the way we headed south to Mission San Xavier del Bac.

The Church was built in 1797 and is considered to be the best example of Spanish Colonial architecture in the United States. The kids thought it was pretty boring, but Clint and I loved touring the church and taking pictures.






Before we left Clint had to go get a tetanus shot and he was talking to the doctor who told him she was from Tucson and she said we had to go to El Charro for dinner and get their carne seca (beef marinated and sun dried on the roof top then double flash fried). We're so glad we listened to her recommendation! Although neither of us really liked the carne seca (it tasted like beef jerky in a enchilada) we loved their salsa and their tamales. In fact, I loved them so much we went back a second night to have them again!


On Sunday we had a busy day. We went to the Sonoran Desert Museum in the morning and then to Colossal Caves in the afternoon. The kids loved the museum especially the reptile exhibit with the snakes and scorpions. I think I really don't like snakes. Pierce especially loved the crystal cave exhibit with all the minerals that are found around Arizona.





At the museum we saw 3 baby hummingbirds in their little walnut sized nests. So cute!

The prairie dog exhibit. Cole asked if we catch one can we keep it for a pet. Sure, I said.


So here we are at the cave entrance. Pierce was really excited but nervous about the stalagtites falling from the ceiling when Cooper was yelling and got he got even more nervous when inside the cave our tour guide showed us a large fault line that runs right down the center of the cave. It was funny that Cole kept telling Pierce to stop worrying since he was seriously obsessing the whole tour. Inside the cave was 70 degrees which was a nice break from the 100 degree day.

It was a seriously long night...Where do I start. As soon as we got back from dinner Cooper threw up everywhere all over Clint. I don't know if he had the stomach flu or if he just gagged on all the drainage he had from the cold he has but ewww. We thought he'd be wiped out and ready for bed so I took Pierce and Cole down to the hot tubs and Clint put Coop to bed. Apparently throwing up gave him a second wind cuz when we got back he was super happy and full of crazy energy from 3 days of little/no naps. So he was bouncing on the beds and off the walls and excited to show me his new trick...climbing out of the pack n play. So we had to baracade him in between the walls and the bed and a big chair. The problem with this arrangement was that he could reach me so he kept putting his blanket on my back and patting me and saying, "Dare da doe mama" (There you go mama said as one word). We were all trying to ignore him but he is so funny when he's yelling, "Hi Peh, Hi Boppy (Cole's nickname), Hi Momma, Hi Daddy" and I couldn't stop laughing when he finally laid down and then did some tootys and said, "Stinty"
The next day we went to Biosphere 2 the largest greenhouse science project in the world. Pierce was super excited for this tour. He was really wanting to see the rainforest inside. It was really interesting seeing how they manage this huge living science project.




I was trying to get a nice picture of the kids on the amazing rocks but there were so many wasps it was pretty much impossible!


Itty Bitty Pierce waving.









2 comments:
Looks like you guys had a fun trip. We have been meaning to head to Tucson and do Tombstone too but never do it. You gave me a big list of fun things to do. :)
Super fun! I had no idea those fun things were down in Tucson. Your pictures are beautiful. The wasp one made me laugh!
Post a Comment